4x4 & Sports car - Lotus Club and Range Rover Club Experience
If you're reading this you've got an interest in matters automotive. But up until now, perhaps your enjoyment of things on four wheels has been limited. Maybe you're a sports car owner and have never experienced "adrenaline at 5km/h", or you might have wondered why people buy expensive 4x4s and drive them up and down remote mountains, spending a fortune to live like a hobo.
Or could be you're a 4x4 driver and your eye has been caught by a beautiful sports car, and you might have wondered what it's like to own one, drive it to the limit on a racetrack or what it would feel like to enjoy on a remote, twisty road. Or what it's like to drive along and have people pull out phones and video you because you're just so damn ice-cool.
Well, no longer will you need to toss and turn at night, wondering how the other half live. Two great clubs are coming together to experience each other's culture and particular brand of car enjoyment - the Lotus Club of Victoria and the Range Rover Club of Victoria.
Exactly how we'll do this is going to be dependent on interest, but here's a plan thus far:
- 0900 - meet at Black Spur Inn
- 0930 - briefing inside Inn
- 0945 - Lotus runs up to Lake Mountain and back with 4WD people. Swap passengers at top of mountain, return to the Inn.
- 1200 - lunch at the Inn
- 1300 - 4WD trip with Lotus people as passengers, afternoon tea in the bush
- 1600 - "show'n'shine" noting this is an abstract concept for 4x4s. Lotus people pick a S&S winner for 4x4s, 4x4 people pick a S&S winner for Lotus
- 1800 - dinner at the Inn
- 1930 - short talk; 4x4s for Sports Car People, Sports Cars for 4x4 People
- 1945 - Q&A with reps from each club, S&S winners announced, prize will be something amazing like a handshake
You can attend as much or little as you like, in the true relaxed spirit of both clubs, for example just do the mountain run or just the dinner or whatever you like. The Inn also has rooms so you can stay overnight, or the 4x4 people can show you the delights of a swag.
If this appeals, please sign up and indicate what interests you so the day can be planned in further detail.
The perfect time to drive the great high country roads, soak up the beautiful scenery, eat the local produce and socialise with our Lotus friends. ...